Berks County Heads Into Off Day
Berks County has a built in off day/rain date tonight, so the third round of competition will continue tomorrow afternoon at Bear Stadium in Boyertown.
Day 2 results:
(1) Boyertown 13, (5) West Lawn 1 (7 innings)
(3) Twin Valley 6, (7) Gregg Post 4
(2) Conrad Weiser 11, (6) Daniel Boone 1
(8) Exeter 6, (4) Shillington 5
Boyertown was able to slow West Lawn's hot bats and invoked the ten-run, 7 inning, mercy rule for the second straight game against the Owls. The big surprise this season is Shillington, who as the league's second most prolific team of the last few decades, was unable to get a league playoff win.
(2) Conrad Weiser vs. (5) West Lawn, noon
(7) Gregg Post vs. (8) Exeter, 3:30
(1) Boyertown vs. (3) Twin Valley, 7